Re: Re[Help-glpk] garding speeding up MIPs by providing Initial solution

From: rainly
Subject: Re: Re[Help-glpk] garding speeding up MIPs by providing Initial solutions
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 19:44:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am suffering from the same problem. I have tried all the following but
none works.
                glp_scale_prob(lp, GLP_SF_AUTO);
                glp_adv_basis(lp, 0);
                glp_simplex(lp, NULL);
                glp_iocp *parm=new glp_iocp;
                glp_init_iocp(parm);
                parm->presolve=GLP_ON;
                parm->gmi_cuts=GLP_ON;
                parm->clq_cuts=GLP_ON;
                parm->mir_cuts=GLP_ON;
                parm->cov_cuts=GLP_ON;
                parm->binarize=GLP_ON;
My problem size is
Rows:       711
Columns:    189 (189 integer, 189 binary)
And the solution time is 270s which is too slow for me because I need to
call it many times in my code. What else can I do to speed it up? Do I need
to study the branch and cut API routines? Is it possible to provide an
initial solution in the current version? Will it speed up the program? Is it
possible to bound the object function as mentioned in the original post?

Thanks a lot.