[Help-glpk] what kind of simplex does glp_simplex use

From: jipingtao
Subject: [Help-glpk] what kind of simplex does glp_simplex use
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:49:07 +0300

Hi,everyone

I am a new user of GLPK. I
want use it to solve a very large scale linear programming from a LP
relaxation of a MIP. The LP problem contains numerious constrains
(about twenty thousand). and the variables number  is
relatively  less (several hunderd).  I want to know what kind of
simplex method the "glp_simplex" routine uses. say, the primal simplex method
or
the dual simplex method, or hybrid.

If the primal simplex method is used, then
whether does it mean that a very large simplex tableau has to be reserved. It
is
impossilbe and will cause out of memory in our case. So if this happens, am I
supposed to formulate the LP to its dual form.

Any reply is very welcome.  I will
very appreciate it if anyone can tell me much about the
implementation details of glp_simplex.

Sincerely

T.J.