Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK vs. SCIP for solving MIP

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK vs. SCIP for solving MIP
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 09:57:42 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010, Lifit wrote:

Excellent suggestion.
I followed your advice, translated into LP, and got scip to solve my
problem (with no extra settings) in less than 20min.

I also tried writing out to MPS (both wmps and freemps), but for some
reason scip produced incorrect results.

My recollection is that it is easy to write an MPS
file that different solvers will interpret differently.
scip probably uses different bounds than you are expecting.

--
Michael   address@hidden
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.