Re: [Help-glpk] Why is glpk-java.jar not the same across all platforms?

From: pruefsum
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Why is glpk-java.jar not the same across all platforms?
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 00:30:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Xypron,

thanks for pointing that out. I only have glpk 4.43 installed on both machines.
However, it seems that I had not edited the glpk-java Makefile on the Mac machine. It still read "REVISION := 4.38", after changing the line to "REVISION := 4.43" I got it working.

Thanks again.
Fabio

On Jun 01, 2010, at 08:20 AM, glpk xypron <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello Fabio,

> yes, swapping the files leads to problems. For example when using the .jar
> generated on the Linux machine on my Mac OS X laptop, I get the following
> exception:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> org.gnu.glpk.GLPKJNI.GLP_BR_PCH_get()I
> at org.gnu.glpk.GLPKJNI.GLP_BR_PCH_get(Native Method)

Symbol GLP_BR_PCH is defined in GLPK 4.43 but not in GLPK 4.38.

The problem is not with the jar file but with the dynamic
link library.

Please, check whether the loaded dynamic link library on your
Mac was created with GLPK 4.43.

Multiple versions of the library may exist in different
pathes It will depend on the configuration of your operating
system in which sequence they will be searched. E.g. on OS X you
can define DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to add search pathes.

At least on Linux you can list symbols in a dynamic link
library with the following command:

nm --dynamic libglpk_java.so

Look for the following symbol:
Java_org_gnu_glpk_GLPKJNI_GLP_1BR_1PCH_1get

Jar files will be binary different when created on the same
system in different runs.

Size may be subtly different when created with different Java
compilers.

Best regards

Xypron

-------- Original-Nachricht --------