Re: [Help-glpk] Wrong optimal solution with Glpk-4.34

From: Yingjie Lan
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Wrong optimal solution with Glpk-4.34
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 02:35:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

There was a lot of improvements since 4.34,
I suppose chekcing the change log might help.

Yingjie

Perhaps. The problem was in Glpk-4.34.
I have downloaded and compiled the sources of Glpk-4.44 (last version).

I have tested many instances with this new version and all the optimal solutions are now correct and the same as optimal solutions given by CPLEX and Gurbobi.

Best regards

Marc

On 01.10.10 11:13, "Yingjie Lan" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have solved a MIP with 3 different solvers. Each solver
> gives an optimal solution after a few seconds.
> I want to minimize the objective function value.
>
> The optimal solution (objective function value) given by
> Glpk is greater than the optimal solution (objective
> function value) of the 2 other solvers (cplex 12.2 and
> Gurobi 3.0.1) which have both the same objective function
> value.

Hi, how big is the difference? Could it be just a problem
caused by floating point precion?

Yingjie