Re: [Help-glpk] Incomplete output when using "--cuts" option

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Incomplete output when using "--cuts" option
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 22:18:27 +0200

Hello Greg,

> and a constraint where kcoversi >= inuse -- which should force koversi to
> take on values of only 0 or 1 without being declared binary.
This is only true if kcoversi is in the objective, e.g.
minimize obj :
  sum{(k,i) in CurCoverage} kcoversi[k,i];

E.g. inuse = 0, kcoversi = 0.8 satisfies above constraint. The
objective may force kcoversi to 0.

> printf{(k,i) in CurCoverage: kcoversi[k,i] >0}: "%f, %f, %f\n", k, i,
> kcoversi[k,i];
the solution of GLPK is only calculated to limited accuracy. Hence
if the precise solution is kcoversi = 0, you might get a value of
-1e-08 or +1e-08. If you expect kcoversi to be either 0 or 1, I suggest
to use
printf{(k,i) in CurCoverage: kcoversi[k,i] > 0.5}: "%f, %f, %f\n", k, i,
kcoversi[k,i];

If your problem should be, that above printf statement did not report
a value of kcoversi > 0.5, please, provide the following information
needed to reproduce the problem
- operating system
- version of GLPK
- command line used
- example file

If you do not want to share the example file with the whole list, just
send it to me only.

Best regards

Xypron

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

--
GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 &euro;/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit