re: [Help-glpk] Re: computational efforts, message level and KKT

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: re: [Help-glpk] Re: computational efforts, message level and KKT
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 23:31:19 +1300 (NZDT)

Hi all

>> > Last time I checked it always returned zero. Maybe I messed up
something...

>> I just double checked with 4.44.  You are correct.  Zero iterations!
>> That is relatively recent I think.
>
> Just checked the code and found a bug. To fix it please remove the
> following line in the local routine reset_parms, file src/glplpx01.c:
>
>       lp->it_cnt   = 0;

Just tested the given patch.  Before and after:

    simplex iterations              :       0
    simplex iterations              :      10

Just one small word of caution.  Make sure you test
this patch on a problem that is sufficiently complex to
generate some iterations and cannot simply be solved by
the presolver.  :-)

Great!  Thanks Andrew.

---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]