[Help-glpk] reading Excel table into GLPK

From: CHRISTINA CIGNARALE (RIT Student)
Subject: [Help-glpk] reading Excel table into GLPK
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 14:25:26 -0500

Hi,

I am a graduate student who is learning GLPK for a project. Right now I am practicing reading Excel tables into  GLPK. I am getting an error that says “the system cannot find the file specified.” I have put the excel file in the same directory as glpsol.exe.  I have successfully read this same problem by using text files. The command  I typed in was

Glpsol  --math diet.mod table food IN “ODBC” “diet.xls”: FOOD <- [FOOD], cost, f-min, f_max

( If this file looks familiar I am using a sample problem from AMPL to  get practice with GLPK before I use the actual model for my project.)

Thank you for your help,

Christina

Rochester Institute  of Technology ‘12

Industrial and Systems Engineering