Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Binary programming and simplex]

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Binary programming and simplex]
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 09:16:19 +0100

Hello Francesco,

unfortunately it is unclear from you message whether you are using
the glpsol standalone solver or the GLPK library.

glpsol will by default use branch and bound.
If you want to use branch and cut, you have to specify command line
parameter --cuts.
If you want to solve the LP relaxation only, specify --nomip.

If you are using the GLPK library glp_simplex solves the LP
relaxation, glp_intopt uses branch and bound or branch and cut
depending the values you pass in structure glp_iocp.

Please, read the manuals provided with GLPK:
glpk-4.47/doc/glpk.pdf
glpk-4.47/doc/gmpl.pdf

The manuals are contained in the source distribution of GLPK available
for download from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glpk/glpk-4.47.tar.gz

Best regards

Xypron

-------- Original-Nachricht --------