Re: [Help-glpk] source code repository?

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] source code repository?
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 04:30:50 +0300

Sorry for a delay in my response.

> Is there a public source code repository for GLPK?

Glpk being a GNU package has its repository on savannah.gnu.org; see
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/glpk .

However, currently the repository is empty, because nobody (including
me) needs it.

> It would be easier to submit
> patches if one could use git or subversion to pull the latest sources locally
> and play with them.  (I would like to give adding Postgres to MathProg a shot.

Why not to use odbc?

> I realize that the distribution has the sources in it, but that is only a
> snapshot release -- if one wrote a patch against it, it might diverge
> substantially from the real code (even though Andrew cranks out an excellent
> release every six month, in addition to answering my noob questions on email).
>
> If I can help with setting up a repository on something like Savannah or
> Github,
> let me know.

I can upload the glpk codebase to the savannah, if necessary.

> And thanks for the great free software!

Thank you for your interest in glpk.

Andrew Makhorin