[Help-glpk] Faster Integer-Feasibility in Mixed-Integer Linear Programs

From: Noli Sicad
Subject: [Help-glpk] Faster Integer-Feasibility in Mixed-Integer Linear Programs by Branching to Force Change
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 12:21:07 +1100

Hi Andrew,

Have you seen this publication (below link)? It is using GPLK 4.28 as
base code, if I may not mistaken.

Faster Integer-Feasibility in Mixed-Integer Linear Programs by
Branching to Force Change
http://www.sce.carleton.ca/faculty/chinneck/docs/PryorChinneck.pdf
22 Oct 2010 – Faster Integer-Feasibility in Mixed-Integer Linear
Programs by Branching to Force Change. by Jennifer Pryor
(address@hidden). John W. Chinneck

What do you think about this algorithm?

Can we integrate this in the GLPK as one of the options to speed up IP solution?

What do others think about this algorithm?

Probably, we can ask the authors if they like to contribute the code
to GLPK/MathProg project?

Thanks.

Noli