Re: [Help-glpk] Asking information about GLPK

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Asking information about GLPK
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 16:14:06 +0300

> I am working on my PhD Thesis and I need to solve some problems of
> Integer Programming (IP). The solutions that I need to provide are parts
> of some general problems that I handle with ANSI C. In other words, I am
> using a program in ANSI C that solves some general problems, part of
> which are the IP problems. So, I need to embody some function that will
> undertake to solve the IP problems. The question is: can I use the GLPK
> to perform this task,

Yes, you can.

> and how can I do that?

Please see the glpk reference manual (doc/glpk.pdf) included in every
distribution of the package.

Glpk distribution can be ftp'ed from <ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glpk/> or
from some mirror ftp sites; see <http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html>.

Also see: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK .

Before programming with glpk api you may try to solve one of your mip's
with glpsol, the stand-alone solver included in the package, to make sure
that glpk is able to solve it for a reasonable time.