Re: [Help-glpk] Some problem with using glp_iptcp() in Java

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Some problem with using glp_iptcp() in Java
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 03:34:43 +1200

Hello ChungYi

To:           address@hidden
From:         ??? <address@hidden>
Date:         Tue, 3 Jul 2012 17:15:10 +0800

[snip]

> By the way , where could I find other sample
> code using different method with GLPK?

You could try looking here and check if the source
code is also available:

  http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Application_projects_utilizing_GLPK

but these are all big projects.

I doubt if there are many tutorial examples using
the GLPK API explicitly -- unlike MathProg which
has many examples in the GLPK distribution and
several on the GLPK wikibook.

Note that there is a strong distinction between
low-level problems (built using API calls) and
high-level models (written in MathProg or GAMS).

That said, there is nothing special about the GLPK
APIs and any book on creating ground up MIP
problems would apply -- once you get the GLPK API
syntax under control.

Most people find writing in MathProg to be more
convenient.  Normally you need a special reason to
drop down to the API level.

HTH, Robbie
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Institute for Energy Engineering (IET)
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]