Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: GLPK for Java in windows 7]

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: GLPK for Java in windows 7]
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 17:06:27 +0200

Hello Daniel,

to join the GLPK help list proceed as described on page
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-glpk

== DLLs ==

The following error occurs if the path to the DLLs is wrong:
The dynamic link library for GLPK for Java could not be loaded.

The DLLs are not needed for compilation (javac) but for execution (java).

Both glpk_4_47.dll and glpk_4_47_java.dll are needed for execution.
Only the path to glpk_4_47_java.dll can be indicated by
-Djava.library.path. Hence I suggest you use the PATH environment
variable to indicate the path to the DLLs.

In Eclipse you can use the "VM arguments" of the launch configuration
properties to specify -Djava.library.path. See appendix.

It is important that the DLLs match the bitness (32bit or 64bit) of
the Java runtime used.

== Classpath ==

The error java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError indicates that the classpath is
incomplete.

In the Eclipse project properties add glpk-java.jar to the "Java Build Path".
See appendix.

Best regards

Xypron