Re: [Help-glpk] Compiling GLPK project in Ubuntu / Linux (was --->no sub

From: Noli Sicad
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Compiling GLPK project in Ubuntu / Linux (was --->no subject)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 10:43:41 +1000

Hi Antonio,

Whenever a post for help / request, please specify a subject matter.

> I installed GLPK as a package in UBUNTU.
> I did exactly how is wrutten in
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Linux_packages
>
> When I tried to compile my file in C which calls the api routines I got a
> message that "glpk.h:29:20: fatal error: glpios.h: No such file or
> directory".
>
> Looks like gcc is not find the library.
>
> Could you please help me.

I think the ubuntu package only includes glpk.h, not all the glpk
headers (i.e. include files) since it is binary package. You can
verify this by looking at the /usr/include or /usr/local/include
folder.

(BTW, the glpk include files in not present in Mac OS X gkpk install
(usr/local/include folder. It is only glpk.h is installed. This is
default binary install by glpk, I suppose).

I think you have to get the glpk-4.47 tarball and use the include
files in /glpk-4.47/src/ folder for your glpk C project, if I am not
mistaken.

I am not done any C glpk project, how others manage to have glpk-dev
in their system?

Noli