Re: [Help-glpk] glpk.js

From: Henri Gourvest
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] glpk.js
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 23:34:05 +0100

Le 10/12/12 22:05, glpk xypron a écrit :
> Hello Henri,
>
> your project sounds very interesting to me.

Thank you

> I saw that you translated part of the GLPK library to javascript.
> Did you do so manually or with some machine translation tool?

just my little fingers

> Proper error handling with the GLPK library requires a hook function. How are errors handled in your javascript version? > The MIP solver provides a callback hook. Does this also exist in your library?

yes, exactly in the same manner you do it with c api

http://gruntjs.com/
http://docs.nodejitsu.com/articles/getting-started/npm/what-is-the-file-package-json

> How would I use your library in a new project?

the same glpk api is available in javascript, just load glpk.min.js in a web page. Personnaly I use webstorm IDE
http://www.jetbrains.com/webstorm/

> In README.md you write something about browser and server installation.
> What is the overall architecture? Where will the library run - on the
> server or in the browser?

glpk.js can run in a webbrowser AND Node.js, but I made this library to use client CPU, I don't think it is interesting to use it in a web server because it is glpk.js is not async. You can still use Node.js as command line program, personnaly I use it for debugging.

> Maybe you want to add an article on
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK

Not sure I will have the time to do it.

regards