Re: [Help-glpk] COIN-OR compiled with MathProg instructions and syntax h

From: Harley Mackenzie
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] COIN-OR compiled with MathProg instructions and syntax highlighting
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 20:32:01 +1100

Thanks Robbie,

I didn't know about collapsible tables in the wikibook and I have added
the syntax highlighting definition files and instructions to the
following page in the GLPK wikibook:

  http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Cross_Platform_IDEs

What happens if someone tries to print the page?

As for Emacs, I did learn to get by with the editor when I worked for
The Preston Group developing aviation OR software in the early 1990's
when they were a Sun Solaris shop. I can not say that I ever mastered it
and unfortunately Emacs seems to be stuck in about 1984. I found that
editor choice was a very contentious subject at this company, with
religious wars between the Emacs and the VI camps a regular feature.

My favorite story about text editors at this company is I had a UI
expert working in our team who used to insist that implementing modes in
user interfaces that we were developing for our airline rostering was
evil and confused the users and created many problems as the user had to
always make sure they knew exactly what mode they were in whilst
performing tasks (I totally agree with this design principle). Then he
went and edited the code using VI.

Regards,

Harley