[Help-glpk] glpk.js

From: Jeffrey Kantor
Subject: [Help-glpk] glpk.js
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 14:16:39 -0500

Hi,

Henri Gourvest's marvelous glpk.js (http://hgourvest.github.com/glpk.js/) seems well suited for an introductory course on the application of OR techniques that I'll be teaching this Spring. The benefit of glpk.js is that glpk.js runs in a browser making it dead simple to distribute tools and example problems to students. Here's my cut on MathProg web page application (served up out of dropbox)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2140549/ESTM60203_Public/glpk/glpsol.html

This adds a few features to Henri's demo page.

I need to add --
* Navigation menu to GLPK/MathProg resources.
* Example Files
* A better way for students to save their work. "Save Page As..." works but clunky.
* A print button
* A method to map Google Spreadsheet cells to MathProg parameters and variables.

I've only tested this in Chrome. I'll be leaving this up for a few days on my public dropbox, and would appreciate any thoughts or feedback.

Jeff