Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Either...or logic]

From: Alexandre Saidi
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Either...or logic]
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 13:46:50 +0200

Hi,
If a boolean tells you either you must have
sum{i in S} x[i] = N or  sum{i in S} x[i] = 0

like in :

X =1 --> sum{i in S} x[i] = N

then you can use the transformation of an "implication" into GLPK (by the
so-called Big-M method OR Convex  Hull).
Many GLPK (Andrew too) users don't like Big-M method.

regards

Alex