Re: [Help-glpk] glpk multiple solutions from solver

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] glpk multiple solutions from solver
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 10:49:00 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013, chris wrote:

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 9:57 PM, Michael Hennebry <
address@hidden> wrote:

 On Thu, 13 Jun 2013, chia jia wei wrote:

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 7:31 PM, Raniere Silva <address@hidden>**
wrote:

 In the case of solving the problem using glp_simplex, is there any way
retrieve the solution in between iterations?

Look up callbacks.

Thanks for the advice.
I've tried to use the simplex algo to obtain an optimal basis.
Then, I made attached the callback listener,  implemented printout of
solution at GLP_IBINGO, and used glp_intopt but i seem to be getting
solutions that do not relate to the original problem data.

I was mistaken.  glp_simplex does not do callbacks.

If, as I previously inferred, you have a continous LP,
one solves it with glp_simplex.
To get the behaviour requested, one would have to edit the source code.
Print every solution after phase 1.

If you have an MILP, GLP_IBINGO is probably what you want.
Why it is not working for you, I do not know.
IIRC there are differences in how one fetches
solutions from glp_simplex and from glp_intopt.

--
Michael   address@hidden
whom I teach not to run with scissors,