[Help-glpk] Cannot disable terminal output when using p s_heur in glp_in

From: Shaun Lippy
Subject: [Help-glpk] Cannot disable terminal output when using p s_heur in glp_intopt solver
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 16:38:21 +0000 (UTC)

If I set ps_heur = GLP_OFF, the terminal output is successfully suppressed;
however, if I set ps_heur = GLP_ON, I cannot suppress the output.  I've even
tried setting the message level.  Here's the code:

    glp_term_out(GLP_OFF);
    glp_read_lp(lp_, NULL, CPLEXfile_.c_str());
    glp_iocp parm;
    glp_init_iocp(&parm);
    parm.presolve = GLP_ON;
    parm.ps_heur = GLP_ON;
    parm.tm_lim = 90000;
    parm.msg_lev = GLP_MSG_OFF;
    glp_intopt(lp_, &parm);

The above code results in output like this:

first solution = 7.027880e+02;
Time used: 0.1 secs.  Memory used: 0.1 Mb
Starting proximity search...
Bound exceeded = 695.760120. Proxy heuristic terminated.
Time used: 0.1.  Memory used: 0.1 Mb

However, this code results in NO terminal output:

    glp_term_out(GLP_OFF);
    glp_read_lp(lp_, NULL, CPLEXfile_.c_str());
    glp_iocp parm;
    glp_init_iocp(&parm);
    parm.presolve = GLP_ON;
    //parm.ps_heur = GLP_ON;
    //parm.tm_lim = 90000;
    parm.msg_lev = GLP_MSG_OFF;
    glp_intopt(lp_, &parm);

Is there a special way to disable terminal output when using the MIP proxy
heuristic?

Thanks!