Re: [Help-glpk] Generate Set from Param data

From: Kevin Hunter Kesling
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Generate Set from Param data
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 14:28:17 -0500

At 2:09pm -0500 Mon, 02 Dec 2013, Timothy Calderwood wrote:
I have a list of students defined as a set. I have also a param
defined for historical information that contains the set of students.
As seen below...

My question is, is there a way to define set Students from the param
data so the students only need to be listed once?

When I asked this question last summer, the answer was "not directly". However, one can apparently abuse sets for this purpose. Take a gander at the thread starting on June 30:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-glpk/2012-06/
    -> "manipulating parameter indices"
    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-glpk/2012-06/msg00066.html

That thread is split between months, so if you want to read the whole thread, you'll need to find the rest of it:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-glpk/2012-07/

Good luck, and please do let us (me!) know if you find "a better way".

Cheers,

Kevin