[Help-glpk] Changes in solution file format?

From: Mike Steglich
Subject: [Help-glpk] Changes in solution file format?
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 18:24:10 +0100

Hi,

I'm wondering whether there is an undocumented change in the solution plain
text format.

Solving a problem with glpsol v. 4.52 with 7 constraints and 12 variables the
first line in the solution file (generated with --write) is "8 12". I
understand it as 8 lines (objective function + 7 constraints) and 12 variables.
Doing the same thing with glpsol v. 4.53 a first line "7 12" (7 constraints and
12 variables) occurs.

In the manual is the behavior of glpsol v.4.52 described (page 86) :
m n
m is the number of rows (auxiliary variables);
n is the number of columns (structural variables);

Am I right or wrong?

Thanks,

Mike