[Help-glpk] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: graceful tree labeling example]]]

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: graceful tree labeling example]]]
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2017 22:20:46 +0300

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Mike Appleby <address@hidden>
To: Heinrich Schuchardt <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: graceful tree labeling
example]]
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 18:56:20 -0500

Hi Heinrich,

Thanks for the tip! Removing the integer constraints on the variables
el and vl does seem to speed things up for some of my test inputs, at
least when calling glpsol with default options.

I did have to add some round() calls in the check statements at the
end though. Apparently the solver sometimes produces floating point
values very close but not quite equal to the desired integer. Perhaps
a limitation in the precision of the underlying float values?

If the maintainers prefer to include the version with fewer integer
constraints, just let me know and I'll send it in another attachment.

Mike