How to spawn gnatsd without using inetd?

From: Carl-Johan Sveningsson
Subject: How to spawn gnatsd without using inetd?
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 15:51:19 +0200 (CEST)

Hi developers.

I have a problem. The enterprice is running a NIS, and therefore probably
/etc/services isn't read. inetd can't find support/tcp, and therefore 1529
remains closed and inaccessible.

This is bad.

Though, some way, gnatsd should be spawnable manually so it opens up for
outside calls? -n? Documentation on invoking gnatsd is very poor, so I
turn to you. Could you help me you think?

That would be good.

Thank you.

/Carl-Johan Sveningsson

--

"...you look strong enough to pull the ears off a Gundark."

           ICQ# 2357535
         http://come.to/woc/
       http://wlug.westbo.se/