Latest additions to the Gnatsweb 2.8.0 ChangeLog

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Latest additions to the Gnatsweb 2.8.0 ChangeLog
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 01:35:07 +0200

These are the latest additions to my local Gnatsweb 2.8.0 ChangeLog. These constitute the last changes I plan on making, and 2.8.0 is now in beta.

I am going to do some private testing, then I'll let it loose in our production environment, which is currently running 2.7 beta. Few of the changes involved complex changes to the code, so I don't expect many problems. If all goes well, there'll be a release before the end of the week.

Gerald: I need help with the release procedure. Could you contact me privately?

- Yngve

2001-05-02  Yngve Svendsen  <address@hidden>

        * gnatsweb.pl: (main_page): Display the Gnats version number in
          the footer, together with the Gnatsweb version number.

        * gnatsweb (submitedit): Move the output of the 'Edit successful'
          message so that it now happens after the unlocking of the PR.
          This solves a problem where a lock file would be left over if
          the user pressed the browser's 'stop' button during a submit.

2001-05-01  Yngve Svendsen  <address@hidden>

        * gnatsweb.pl (submitedit): Handle errors from lockpr. Previously,
          even if lockpr returned an error (together with undef in place
          of the complete PR), Gnatsweb would go on attempting to submit
          edits based on this blank PR, stopping only when the
          Last-Modified dates were being compared.

        * README: Updated somewhat.
          INSTALL: Updated and significantly expanded item 5 about 'make
          test', explicitly mentioning /etc/gnats-db.conf in connection
          with the db_alias parameter passed to make test. Added 2 known
          problems at the bottom of the file.
          NEWS: New file, with a summary of the changes from 2.7 beta to
          2.8.0.

        * gnatsweb.pl (display_query_results, page_heading) Fix a couple
          of variable declarations that were generating perl -w warnings.
          Do a semi-ugly HTML hack where nowrap, which is supposed to be
          a boolean attribute, is replaced with nowrap=>'1'. Plain
          'nowrap' generates a perl -w warning from CGI.pm.