Should we add a -d option to send-pr?

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Should we add a -d option to send-pr?
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 20:44:33 +0200

The current version 4 send-pr script does not support the -d or --database option, instead requiring that the user set the GNATSDB environment variable to the correct database name before running send-pr.

The -d option is very convenient, and the lack of this option in send-pr makes it inconsistent with the other GNATS utilities. And since the site functionality, with the associated mkdir utility is gone, send-pr is mainly intended for local use, where a -d option makes a whole lot more sense than for remote use.

Adding it seems to be easy, but I'd appreciate to hear any relevant points of view on this from the people on this mailing list before I make the changes and submit a patch.

Anyone?

Yngve Svendsen
IS Engineer
Clustra AS, Trondheim, Norway