Re: Unable to submit PR

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: Unable to submit PR
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 10:20:34 +0200

At 10:38 17.05.2001 +0900, Lakshmi Narayanan wrote:
Hi,

   Recently I have installed Gnats 3.113 in Red Hat Linux release 6.2.
And I face the following problems:

   1. Running gnatsd says '520 You are not in the host access list' error.
   2. I could not submit PR.  The PR is stored as a mail with the following
error msg.
"| /usr/local/gnats/libexec/gnats/queue-pr -q"
    (expanded from: bug-q)

sh: queue-pr not available for sendmail programs
554 "| /usr/local/gnats/libexec/gnats/queue-pr -q"... Service unavailable

You have a secured sendmail installation, and in order for sendmail to invoke a program from a mail alias, you need to tell sendmail that the program is safe. This is done by symbolically linking from the directory /etc/smrsh to the program you want to have sendmail start. Do as follows if your sendmail and GNATS installations are fairly standard:

cd /etc
mkdir smrsh (if the smrsh dir isn't already there)
cd smrsh
Then make a symbolic link "queue-pr" from the smrsh dir to the queue-pr program:
ln -s /path to/queue-pr queue-pr

That should do it.

Yngve Svendsen
IS Engineer