Gnatsweb 4 ChangeLog

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Gnatsweb 4 ChangeLog
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 15:03:12 +0200

Major work has been done on Gnatsweb in the last few weeks, and several much-requested features have been added (a top-of-the-page navigation bar and logout functionality among them). I believe that we're now almost feature-complete with respect to what I plan to put into Gnatsweb 4.0. The current version number is now 3.97. Please note that this version of Gnatsweb will only work with GNATS 4.

Gnatsweb development is hosted at the savannah.gnu.org CVS repository, but since version 3.97 represents a bit of a milestone, it has also been committed to the contrib directory of the head branch of the GNATS repository at sources.redhat.com. See http://sources.redhat.com/gnats/ for further information on how to get GNATS 4 from CVS.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer

ChangeLog since last posting to this list about two weeks ago:

2001-08-08  Yngve Svendsen  <address@hidden>

        * gnatsweb.pl: ($VERSION): Change to 3.97 -- we're nearly
          4.0 feature-complete now.

        * gnatsweb.pl: Replace the Login Again functionality with a Log
          Out function:
        - Replace all occurences of "login again" with "logout".
        - (main_page): Change the "Login Again" label to "Log Out / Change
          Database".
        - (cmd_logout): New subroutine. Clears the db_prefs cookie and
          redirects the user to the login page.
        - (main): Call cmd_logout instead of going directly to login_page.

        * gnatsweb.pl: Add a navigation bar just below the page banner:
        - $site_button_background and $site_button_foreground. New
          variables initialized to black and white resp.
        - (page_start_html): Rewrite to display button bar and generally
          clean up the code, with clearer style declarations.
        - (login_page): Call page_start_html with an additional parameter
          set to '1'. Prevents the button bar from being displayed on this
          page.

2001-08-07  Yngve Svendsen  <address@hidden>

        * gnatsweb.pl (download_attachment): Fix a syntax error which
        prevented attachment downloading from working properly.

        * Cleanup to get rid of strict warnings:
        gnatsweb.pl: Change initial definition of
        $no_create_without_access from undef to ''.
        - (submitedit, main, mark_urls, display_query_results, unparsepr):
          Add some || '' constructs. Fixes a bunch of 'uninitialized
          value' warnings.
        - (param2field): Correctly translate 'PR' to 'Number'.  Remove
          warn statement as it makes little sense with GNATS 4
          configurable fields.

2001-07-26  Yngve Svendsen  <address@hidden>

        * gnatsweb.pl (display_query_results): Use cellspacing 0 and
          cellpadding 1. Makes table a tad more readable.

        * gnatsweb.pl (page_start_html): Redesign the banner. Different
        typeface, different size. This is done so that we no longer need
        to keep separate styles based on browser and platform - things
        will look fairly similar across the board.
        - Also, we now print user and access level info in the banner
        itself, along with the database name.
        - (page_heading): Stop printing user and access level info in the
        heading (it now appears in the banner). We now print the page
        heading inside a simple <H1>, instead of in a table. This makes
        for cleaner HTML and less space between heading and page content.
        - Remove the third parameter in calls to page_heading. This used
        to control whether to print user and access info in the page
        heading.