To Address problem in Gnats

From: S Ramesh
Subject: To Address problem in Gnats
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 13:59:11 +0530

HI all,

I have installed Gnats 3.113.1 and Gnatsweb2.8.2. Now everything is
working fine. But the TO address in each bug report is as

address@hidden

Here bugs is the default vlaue in the gnats-adm/config file. and Ramesh
is the gnats server hostname. so when i send a bug report the people who
where in the notify list is also receiving a copy of the bug report of
that category. Now what they are simply doing is they just want to send
a reply to all who where in the list ( belongs to the same project ).
When they send like this..

address@hidden

address is not a valid address since our mail addresses will be
npd.hcltech.com. so its bouncing back ( which i want a way to avoid this
)

So we created a dns entry for Ramesh.hcltech.com.. so that when this
address is int he mail header it will reach host Ramesh( GNats server ).

Now the second problem arriving is.. since this address "bugs" is
already aliased in /etc/aliases to queue to queue - pr program it just
queues this mail and puts it into pending directory. so my pending
directory is growing.

I need a way to avoid the bounce back and also i dont want to grow the
pending directory. if the mail is being discarded also well and good. is
there any way to doing it. this is of very much urgent. ANy immediate
help will be very much welcome.

Thanks,
Ramesh