Re: send-pr error!

From: Hugo Gayosso
Subject: Re: send-pr error!
Date: 17 Jan 2002 12:32:49 +0500

Milan Zamazal <address@hidden> writes:

>     CCW> On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 06:22:30PM +0100, Yngve Svendsen wrote:
>     >> Actually, GNATS is supposed to be *the* bug tracking system for
>     >> Savannah, but we have had very little resources to integrate
>     >> things properly.
>
>     CCW> Low on disk space?  Bodies (sysadmins)? Needed a dedicated bug
>     CCW> tracking server?
>
> I guess people (developers/sysadmins).

Yep, that is the main problem.

> AFAIK there's not yet decided whether to use GNATS or another bug
> tracking system for savannah.

Well, Savannah will be migrated to phpGroupWare, and it seems that
they are considering DLC (Double Chocolatte) for project management
but this tool can be used also for bug tracking.

So far if we can integrate GNATS with Savannah I guess this will be
"THE" bug tracking system, there are some GNU programs that use GNATS
for bug tracking system so we have a working installation already, we
just need to interface it with Savannah's web interface.

There were also some talks about a lightweight bug tracking system (I
am not sure but I think it is called "mantis").

But so far developer/sysadmins is the resource we are needing.

> Anyway, if anybody is willing to help, he can contact
> savannah-hackers at gnu.org.

Yep, please do.

Greetings,
- --
Hugo Gayosso                            |  The ultimate result is that some
Controls Process Support                |  innovations that would truly
Electronics Integration and Software    |  benefit consumers never occur
GM Powertrain                           |  for the sole reason that they
                                        |  do not coincide with Microsoft's
                                        |  self-interest.
                                        |
                                        |            Thomas Penfield Jackson
                                        |              U.S. District Judge

DISCLAIMER:
        All what I said is my own point of view, not the one of my
        employer, unless it is specifically said so.