Socket problem while running a TKGnats report

From: jeffros
Subject: Socket problem while running a TKGnats report
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 21:30:26 -0500

I was hoping someone has run into this problem with TKGnats before. I have been
trying to run a print command, but whenever I try to used anything other than
troff-file, I get the following error -

Error: error writing "<filename>": broken pipe

where <filename> is something like "filebfb618" (Its different every time)

In the details I get:

error writing "filebfb618": broken pipe
error writing "filebfb618": broken pipe
    while executing
"puts $fout ".fi\n$line""
    (procedure "freeform_text_wrap" line 21)
    invoked from within
"freeform_text_wrap $fout flds {>Fix}"
    (procedure "Full" line 75)
    invoked from within
"$procname $prid $ln"
    (procedure "print_listbox" line 14)
    invoked from within
"print_listbox $lbpath $print"
    (procedure "perform_print_cmd" line 64)
    invoked from within
"perform_print_cmd Full"
    (menu invoke)

I am using a Windows TKGnats front end with a HP UNIX back-end for Gnats. The
main functionality of the tool (creating and updating PRs) seems to be working
without a hitch, so I know the two pieces communicate with each other. I have
installed groff on Windows, and it seems to be accessing the tool correctly.

Would anyone have any ideas regarding what might be causing this? Any help
would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim