Re: gnats4: creation page pb

From: Lars Henriksen
Subject: Re: gnats4: creation page pb
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 20:50:04 +0200

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 11:01:58AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> when you go to the creation page,

Are you refering to gnatsweb 3.99.3? If so, I can't confirm your experience.

>                                  the first category is selected
> automatically (nice!), but if you don't de-select res-select it then the
> responsible parties wil not get email because it will be put in the
> 'pending' category just like if you didn't select any category.

On the contrary, there is no way to avoid an automatic default selection with
gnatsweb, which is annoying when users forget to select one explicitly.

The default value for Category is the first one listed in the categories file.
In the distributed example file "pending" is the first category and gnatsweb
will preselect it for you. Isn't that what you are seeing?

If you introduce a category called "unknown" and list it as the first in
the category file, gnatsweb will preselect it as the default, but force another
selection on submission because it does not accept "unknown" as a category name
(this is purely a user interface matter). If the description for "unknown" is
something like "choose one", users are guided in a natural way.

Regards
Lars Henriksen