Re: gnats.lock file is created and core file is generated.

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: gnats.lock file is created and core file is generated.
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:24:13 +0100

At 21:00 22.01.2003 -0600, Rajesh K Rajaram wrote:
Hello All,

We recently added another database ( fourth one) in GNATS for our company.
The problem is everytime a PR is submitted there is "core file" created on
/gnats-queue and "gnats.lock file"  on /gnats-adm directory. I belive
submitter file is mismatching and it generates the core file. I'm not
positive about that!!!

Anyways my questions are
1) Is there a way I can debug "core" file or "lock" file to find exactly
what is the problem.

Yes, the core file can be used for debugging. I would much rather recommend that you look in some of the obvious places first, though. You should especially look carefully through your categories file and see if any of the entries have a missing field. Simply counting the number of colons (:) in each line should be enough. Missing fields in that file is the most common reason for a coredumping queue-pr/file-pr.

Yngve Svendsen