gnatsd/gnatsweb and remote gnats servers

From: Mark Watson
Subject: gnatsd/gnatsweb and remote gnats servers
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:52:08 +0100

Hi
I'm having a problem with gnatsweb, gnatsd and remote gnats servers. Our databases file contains entries for databases located on other servers using the format "remotedb:Remote DB::another.gnatsd.com:1529". Trying to access the database from gnatsweb results in 417 - The directory does not exist for database remotedb.

I had hope to get around this by editing gnatsweb.pl and using the gnatsd command LIST Databases to extract the relevant server element, but the list returned does not include anything after :: so no server names can be extracted. Is this a bug in gnatsd (4.0-beta2)?

Obviously I don't want to map databasenames to servers in gnatsweb, so my only other real option is to use a designated prefix/suffix on the databasename for each site/server and use gnatsweb-site.pl to configure variables/array for those remote server addresses.

Any other options I've missed?
thanks.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************
The information contained in this e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, use of this information (including disclosure,
copying or distribution) may be unlawful therefore please inform the sender and delete
the message immediately. The views expressed in this e-mail are not necessarily
those held by Computershare Technology Services (UK) Limited and Computershare Technology Services (UK) Limited
does not accept liability for any action taken in reliance on the contents of this message (other than
where the company has a legal or regulatory obligation to do so) or for the consequences
of any computer viruses which may have been transmitted by this e-mail.

Computershare Technology Services (UK) Limited
Registered in England & Wales (No. 3199675)
Registered Office:- 7th Floor, Jupiter House, Triton Court, 14 Finsbury Square, London, EC2A 1BR