Re: Categories containing "++" make gnatsweb crash

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: Categories containing "++" make gnatsweb crash
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 21:39:54 +0200

At 15:28 20.01.2003 +0100, Dieperink Alwin wrote:
Hello,

When categories contain a "++" in their name, gnatsweb crashes with the
following error:

(snip)

There are several solutions:
1) restrict the use of special characters in category names and correct
"categories"
2) correct the use of grep in gnatsweb.
3) ...

My preference goes actually to the first solution.

Thanks for reporting this. I ended up modifying the code to avoid the use of grep -- it wasn't a good idea to use it anyway since it is an unnecessarily expensive operation in this context. And moreover, I do not want to assume anything about allowed characters in GNATS category names.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer