Re: too many 'changed' entries

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: too many 'changed' entries
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 23:00:20 +0200

At 10:15 27.03.2003 -0800, Mel Hatzis wrote:
I noticed this too. In my case, I setup a field as 'required' and
it wasn't working via gnatsweb, because gnatsweb was inserting a
newline (thereby making the field look like it had a value).

I fixed it by changing the 'fix_multiline_val' sub, as follows:

(snip)

This basically prevents whitespace only values from being entered
as the (multiline) field value which I consider to be a good fix.

This should help you in the case where a newly created PR is edited
for the first time - since this is when gnatsweb will add the
newline, thereby changing the field and adding a change log to the
audit trail.

Nice catch. I have committed the fix. Of course, Gnatsweb's somewhat reckless sprinkling of newlines should itself be cleaned up, but I dare not do it for 4.0 after seeing what removing one apparently extraneous newline did to attachment handling.

- Yngve