user access problem

From: Christian Haugan Toldnes
Subject: user access problem
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 15:30:54 +0200

Hi list

I have just started out with gnats + gnatsweb, and like what I have seen
so far. (gnats-4.0 that is.)

However I've got one major problem:

A user with the access level 'view' can't list any PRs even if they
have Confidential=no.

This is my test site:

The central gnatsd.host_access:

localhost:view:

(may be overkill but I have changed this file too much to care now.)

The local gnatsd.user_access file:

admin:$0$weakpassword:edit:

The /var/lib/gnats/databases:
default:Default gnats database:/var/lib/gnats/default.db
testme:Test database:/var/lib/gnats/testme.db

modifications to these three files changes how the gnatsd works (I have
tested with various settings for two days now.)

The problem may be due to poor configuration, however, I have tried to
follow the documentation, and can't find the error.

Feel free to test on the 'testme' database, it will be deleted soonish
anyway.

No apparent logging of any errors.

These are the configure options:

./configure \
    --prefix=/usr \
    --sysconfdir=/etc \
    --mandir=/usr/share/man \
    --datadir=/var/lib/gnats \
    --with-gnats-service=gnatsd \
    --with-gnatsd-user-access-file=/etc/gnats/gnatsd.user_access \
    --with-gnatsd-host-access-file=/etc/gnats/gnatsd.host_access \
    --with-gnats-dblist-file=/var/lib/gnats/databases \
    --with-gnats-default-db=/var/lib/gnats/gnatsdb

    (Not sure I really need the last one, or even what it's for, and
    will probably move 'dblist-file' to /etc/gnats, but this is what I
    nuse now anyway.)

Regards

Christian H. Toldnes
Before you ask technical questions, please read this: