Re: Failing to connect

From: Mel Hatzis
Subject: Re: Failing to connect
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:41:33 -0800

On 11/13/2003 05:29 AM, Tume Römer submitted:
I've installed Gnats 4.0 (Upgrade from 3.113) on a Solaris 2.7 machine.

I'm getting the following error on a telnet connect (and in gnatsweb):

-----
telnet enterprise 1529
Trying <ipnumber here>
Connected to enterprise.
Escape character is '^]'.
417 GNATS initialization of database failed: No such database as default
Connection closed by foreign host.
----

Gnats was configured with the following:
.//configure  --host=sparc-sun-solaris2.7 --with-gnats-server=enterprise
--with-full-gnats --prefix
=/opt/gnats --with-gnats-default-db=/opt/gnats/share/gnats/FAR

And resides in /opt/gnats with all databases in /opt/gnats/share/gnats (FAR is
one of them).

databases file is in /opt/gnats/etc/gnats and looks like this without the
comments:

FAR:Field And Repair Database:/opt/gnats/share/gnats/FAR
Development:Development and RMA Database:/opt/gnats/share/gnats/Development
QualitySystem:Quality System Database:/opt/gnats/share/gnats/QualitySystem
Production:Production Database:/opt/gnats/share/gnats/Production

GNATS generally requires that you have a database named 'default'.
This is because the gnats server automatically connects to the
'default' database when it receives a client connection.

You can circumvent this by setting the GNATSDB environment
variable to one of the databases you've defined above
(FAR, Development, QualitySystem or Production) in the
environment under which gnatsd is run.

Good luck.

--
Mel Hatzis

and the gnatsd.host-access looks like this:
*:edit:

I really do not have a clue and would appreciate any input on how to debug this.

Regards,
/Tume