Re: Regarding installation of GNATS

From: Mel Hatzis
Subject: Re: Regarding installation of GNATS
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:02:46 -0800

On 03/23/2004 12:43 AM, address@hidden submitted:
My directory name is gnats-4.0
I have run the following commands successfully....
1)  ./configure
2) make
3) make install
4) I go into gnats directory. There is a file named "mkdb"
     In this directory I run "mkdb default".........  I encounter the
following

    mkdb: No proper entry for default in /usr/local/etc/gnats/databases
    grep: /usr/local/etc/gnats/databases: Is a directory
   grep: /usr/local/etc/gnats/databases: Is a directory

It appears that you've installed GNATS under /usr/local. The odd thing
in your case is that /usr/local/etc/gnats/databases is a directory,
instead of a file.

If you install GNATS under /usr/local, the GNATS binaries expect to find
the file /usr/local/etc/gnats/databases which contains a list of database
entries. At a minimum, this file should contain a single entry for the
'default' database which is mandatory.

I'm not sure why you have a directory named /usr/local/etc/gnats/databases.
Perhaps this is something from a previous install of GNATS?

In any case, if you wish to have your GNATS server installed under /usr/local,
you'll need to move the /usr/local/etc/gnats/databases directory aside,
and replace it with a file, containing something like:

default:Bug database:/usr/local/com/gnatsdb.

Alternatively, you can use the '--with-gnats-dblist-file' configure option to
specify a different location for your databases file.

--
Mel Hatzis

What do I do now ??

Confidentiality Notice

this message are intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or
privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or
address@hidden immediately