Re: Notify and reponsible mail : URL

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: Notify and reponsible mail : URL
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:32:18 -0600

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 01:08:53PM +0530, Hemanth S wrote:
> How to provide an hyperlink to the PR's raised. That is the mail sent
> to notify and responsible people when PR is raised.

Section 4.3.7 of the documentation contains a description of Outgoing
email formats, and can be referenced at:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnats/doc/4_0_beta_snapshot/Outgoing-email-formats.html#Outgoing%20email%20formats

My last email had an example on a format used to give URL information
for a gnatsweb installation.

Email is always sent to the responsible person upon changes, if that
person has an email address in the "responsible" file.  If you want to
add Notify-List, such as is present in our own GNATS database, add the
field to dbconfig, and include it in the mail-format entries.

# Notify list
field "Notify-List" {
    description "Comma-separated list of email addresses for 'Cc:'"
    text
    query-default inexact-regexp
    textsearch
}

# ... in each mail-format entry, make this change...
# Any additional header text we want to add.  Must have a newline at
# the end of each line.
header {
    format "Precedence: junk\nSubject: %s/%s: %s\nCc: %s\n"
    fields { "Category" "Number" "Subject:" "Notify-List" }
}

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/