Re: GNATS 4.0.1 to 4.1.0 Upgrade

From: Anna Fowles-Winkler
Subject: Re: GNATS 4.0.1 to 4.1.0 Upgrade
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 16:13:32 -0600

Chad Walstrom wrote:
I was wondering if there are upgrade instructions for upgrading from
GNATS 4.0.1 to GNATS 4.1.0?  The documentation that comes with GNATS
assumes you're upgrading from version 3 to version 4.  If there
aren't any instructions, is there anything that I should be
concerned about in particular?

There were no database configuration changes between 4.0.1 and 4.1.0.
I was able to use the same dbconfig file.  Just be sure to make a
backup before your upgrade (which is sound advice regardless of what
software package you plan on updating).  We should add a section to
the documentation to address this.  IIRC, there were some compilation
errors on Sun platforms.  We ripped out libiberty and replaced it with
copies of GNU lib functions that weren't present on other platforms.
We're still having problems with some Sun platforms, as was recently
noted in the bug database.

Did anyone else experience problems going between 4.0.1 and 4.1.0.

I backed up my GNATS databases, compiled 4.1.0 (on Linux) and installed it, and everything looks to be running OK.  I originally tried the upgrade because I'm having a problem with my INCOMING bug reports -- they all initially appear as pending, then they look OK (ie, move over to INCOMING).  GNATS wasn't always doing this, so I'm a little confused as to why this is happening.  I'm using gnatsweb 4.00 to submit the bug reports.  If I select any other category, the bug goes in OK (and the appropriate person is notified).  If I select INCOMING, it's pending and gnats-admin gets notified.  Any ideas?

Thanks!
Anna