Re: gnatsweb make test fails

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: gnatsweb make test fails
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 12:29:27 -0500

Adam Weremczuk <address@hidden>  wrote:
> address@hidden gnatsweb-4.00]$ make test USERNAME=gnats PASSWORD=gnats
> DATABASE=default
>

> connect...........................................FAIL

hmm...

> gnatsd starts fine but not automatically, I have to start it
> manually after every reboot:
>
> address@hidden root]$ /usr/local/libexec/gnats/gnatsd
200 sierra GNATS server 4.1.0 ready.

OK.  That's good.  You can verify that everything works from that
prompt with respect to the gnatsd installation.  Start it with "gnatsd
-n" though, so it's doesn't expect inetd superserver to be controlling
it.  Then send it:

        CHDB default gnats gnats

You should get something that looks like:

        210-Now accessing GNATS database 'default'
        210 User access level set to 'admin'

> 3. address@hidden local]# telnet localhost 1529
>     Trying 127.0.0.1.1529...
>     Connected to localhost.
>     Escape character is '^]'.
>     Connection closed by foreign host.

Not good.

Try adding the log_on_success/log_on_failure options to the xinetd
entry for support.  You should be able to retrieve the exit status of
the service.  Make sure you've add a permit rule to /etc/hosts.allow
for the gnatsd service.  i.e.

        #/etc/hosts.allow
        gnatsd: LOCAL

I would really like to get logging support in to shape, especially for
these cases.

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/