Re: gnatsweb access (over NAT'ed port connections)

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: gnatsweb access (over NAT'ed port connections)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:11:00 -0600

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 02:51:20PM +0000, Adam Weremczuk wrote:
> Problems start when I set up a port redirection on our router so
> hits to http://0.0.0.0.0:10255 (0... represents our external IP)
> should be redirected to the gnats box and they are not! Instead you
> see"The page cannot be displayed" error. These NAPT redirections
> work perfectly for other connections (ssh, apache, remote desktop
> etc.).  Is it rather an apache or gnats issue?

I doubt gnatsd is at fault here.  My first inclination would be to
point the finger at Apache, then at Gnatsweb.  I would crank up the
logging level on Apache and watch what happens when you try to make
the connection.

What happens if you don't have redirection rules in place, or if you
specify the file directly with
http://outsideip:port/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl, which your NAT forwards to
http://insideip:port/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?

What about a vanilla request to a static page on the server?

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/