Re: PS printing header config

From: Charles Sebold
Subject: Re: PS printing header config
Date: 29 Sep 2000 14:15:51 -0500

>>>>> "Aulne" == Aulne  <aulne@my-deja.com> writes:

 Aulne> Hello all, I use postscript printing to print source code files.
 Aulne> It prints very nicely but there is one thing I would like to get
 Aulne> rid of and that is the header at the top of each page.  For my
 Aulne> purpose it wastes space pointlessly.  I would like this space to
 Aulne> be used for printing code instead.  I know zilch about
 Aulne> postscript.  I tried several tools at hand (gv, ghostscript, a K
 Aulne> tool, and even The Gimp) to see if it was possible to get rid
 Aulne> easily of these, but to no avail.  Is there some way within
 Aulne> Emacs' configuration to specify no headers when printing ps
 Aulne> files or is there a tool to quickly patch Emacs' ps spooling?

Try:

(setq ps-print-header nil)

in your .emacs.  (If you just use lpr-print options, you may lose your
faces, and I'm guessing you like the face support in ps-print.)

By the way, I found this by doing:

M-x apropos-variable RET ps.*header RET
--
Charles Sebold