IBM code page 850 -> Latin1

From: Christophe TROESTLER
Subject: IBM code page 850 -> Latin1
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 18:32:15 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I was wondering whether somebody successfully solved the following
problem: I work under Unix and edit my files with the ISO 8859-1
character coding.  Sometimes however, I receive DOS files in the
cp-850 coding.  I can recode them forth and back to the ISO 8859-1
coding with the `recode' program but would prefer Emacs to do that for
me (in any case I want to see the file with accented letters but be
able to decide whether to save it in cp-850 or ISO 8859-1).  I have
been fiddling with the iso-cvt package without luck.

Any help is welcome,
ChriS