Re: VM and subject lines (was: Re: [Q]VC mode)

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: VM and subject lines (was: Re: [Q]VC mode)
Date: 04 Jan 2001 10:32:06 +0100

On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Brenda J. Butler wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 11:41:09AM +0100, Kai Großjohann wrote:
>>
>> I think one of your headers contains one newline too many.  If you
>> look at the complete header, you might want to look for the last
>> one.
>
> In my case, that's not the problem because the problem happened
> before I added any extra header lines, and continued after
> I added them.  Also I didn't have any extra newlines (only
> the needed ones).  Although maybe vm or mail-mode is adding
> an extra newline at some point.

Hm.  Idea: you could put the header "Fcc: /tmp/bla" into a test
message, then VM will write a copy of the outgoing message into the
file /tmp/bla.  Have a close look at the file.  If that file looks
okay, but the email itself is b0rken, then your MTA (sendmail,
postfix, qmail, ...) must be hosing the message.

kai
--
~/.signature