Re: Ediff

From: Ehud Karni
Subject: Re: Ediff
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 15:32:23 +0200

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001 14:26:30 +0200, Shai Kamin <ShaiK@Radlan.co.il> wrote:

> I don't have a "uniquify"customize group (running GNU Emacs 20.6.1
> [i386-*-nt5.0.2195]) on NT2000), but I tried calling
> "toggle-uniquify-buffer-names", and it didn't do the work (I even
> evaluated (buffer-name) afterwards and it gave just the short name).
> Any other suggestions?
>
> Anyway, thanks for the help!
>
> > From: Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE
> >
> > One way to see the complete file names is to make them appear in the
> > buffer names.  Type M-x customize-group RET uniquify RET for ways to
> > do that.  (This does not include the full file name in the buffer
> > name, only enough of the path to identify each file.)

Of course you have the `uniquify' group, but it is not activated. You
must do (require 'uniquify) - [Add it to your .emacs].

You can set your preferred uniquify style by adding a line like this:
    (setq uniquify-buffer-name-style 'post-forward)
see the help for `uniquify-buffer-name-style'. But remember, you MUST
do: (require 'uniquify)

Kai, there is uniquify in NTemcas (almost everything that works on
     UNIX emacs works on NTemacs too, especially if you have Cygwin).

Ehud.

--
 @@@@@@ @@@ @@@@@@ @    @   Ehud Karni  Simon & Wiesel  Insurance agency
     @    @      @  @@  @   Tel: +972-3-6212-757    Fax: +972-3-6292-544