How do I clean up an old crufty .emacs file?

From: Steve Grout
Subject: How do I clean up an old crufty .emacs file?
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:20:50 -0500

How can I clean up an old crufty .emacs file?
I have been using emacs since about 1983 and probably have a lot of
stuff for things that gets loaded into emacs when its built.
Can you give me any suggestions how I can go through my .emacs
file and weed out what is no longer necessary?  I know I'll
need to start emacs with --no-init-file ~/.emacs etc.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Regards,

--Steve Grout

--
Steve Grout - Senior Methodology Consultant
Tality Analog/Mixed-Signal Design Services