invalid escape character

From: Stefano
Subject: invalid escape character
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:17:14 +0100

Hi guys.

First of all, thanks to Jay and Doug for their precious help. I've fixed the
problem.
But now there's another one.
I get the following message:

Error in init file: error: "Invalid escape character syntax"
Fontifying *scratch*...
Fontifying *scratch*... (regexps............)
Error in init file: error: "Invalid escape character syntax"

It's not a tex-site problem, cause it happens even if I don't load it.
What does it mean and how can I fix it?
I remind you that I'm using emacs 20.7 under Win 98 (Using Linux I've never had
these problems...Ah, Windows!!)

Thank you,
Stefano

Stefano Calza
Istituto di Statistica Medica e Biometria
Università degli Studi di Milano
Via G. Venezian, 1
20133 Milano

tel. +39 02/2361302, 02/70600908